Thanks @pdxspotlight for capturing some of the magic from our Swatkins & The Positive Agenda show at The Aladdin 🧞♂️ link in bio 📷: @smithmediaart
Repost from @customvintagekeys Rehearsing down in LA for Stone tour and Luke brought over this General Electric mini electric keyboard and modified it with some wizardry. The thing is no toy but it sure is FUN.
Ok, see ya. After your intrepid Swattyfriend hopped from Australia to NYC and then back to the west coast, he took a look at the rest of the year with the Allen Stone electric ensemble.
10/11 - Roseland Theater - Portland OR
10/12 - JaM Cellars Ballroom - Napa CA
10/13 - The Regency Ballroom - SF CA
10/14 - Ace of Spades - Scaramento CA
10/16 - The Observatory - Santa Ana CA
10/17- The Fonda Theatre (Night 1) - Los Angeles CA
10/18 - Fonda Theatre (Night 2) - Los Angeles CA
10/20 - Humphreys by the Bay - San Diego CA
10/21 - 191 Toole - Tucson AZ
10/23 - Tower Theatre - Oklahoma City OK
10/24 - The Rustic - San Antonio TX
10/26 - The Statler Ballroom - Dallas TX
10/27 - Emo's - Austin TX
10/28 - House of Blues - Houston TX
10/31 - Soul Kitchen - Mobile AL
11/2 - The Beacham Theatre - Orlando FL
11/3 - The Ritz Ybor - Tampa FL
11/4 - Revolution Live - Fort Lauderdale FL
11/6 - Center Stage - Atlanta GA
11/7 - Music Farm - Charleston SC
11/8 - Cannery Ballroom - Nashville TN
11/10 - Robert Kirk Walker Theatre - Chattanooga TN
11/11 - The Mill & Mine - Knoxville TN
11/13 - The Senate - Columbia SC
11/14 - Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh NC
11/15 - The NorVa - Norfolk VA
11/17 - Brooklyn Steel - Brooklyn NY
11/18 - House of Independents - Asbury Park NJ
11/20 - The Capitol Room - Harrisburg PA
11/21 - 9:30 Club - Washington DC
11/23 - Royale - Boston MA
11/24 - Theatre of Living Arts - Philadelphia PA
11/25 - Carnegie of Homestead Music - Munhall PA
11/27 - The Phoenix Concert Theatre - Toronto ON
11/28 - Majestic Cafe - Detroit MI
11/30 - House of Blues - Cleveland OH
12/1 - The Vic - Chicago IL
12/2 - Varsity Theater - Minneapolis MN
12/4 - Delmar - St. Louis MO
12/5 - Knuckleheads Saloon - Kansas City MO
12/7 - Gothic Theatre - Englewood CO
12/8 - The Complex - Salt Lake City UT
12/9 - The Egyptian Theatre - Boise ID
12/11 - Knitting Factory - Spokane WA
11/12- Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver BC
12/16 - Neptune Theatre (Night 1) - Seattle WA
12/17 - Neptune Theatre (Night 2) - Seattle WA
@brooklyncomesalive yeah it was cool. Cory Henry joined the Purple Party tribute to Prince and kicked things into high gear 💜
Holy jetlagggg, just got back from Australia and now I’m flying to NYC for @brooklyncomesalive this festival where over 50 handpicked musicians descend upon Brooklyn to perform a series of all-star shows across multiple venues. Think late-night NOLA Jazz Fest vibes, but in Williamsburg. Catch me Saturday at Brooklyn Bowl, first with Shira Elias (Turkuaz) and most of Nth Power playing a set of soul music in chronological order from Sam Cooke and Aretha to Stevie Wonder to Erykah Badu and beyond. Then late night I’m playing with the Purple Party tribute to Prince w/ special guest Cory Henry. 💜 if you’re around New York come give a tired joyful Swatty a big hug and a double espresso.
These two babes are getting married today. 💖🤓👱♀️💍🇦🇺
Missing dearly and loving fiercely our friends who have passed on to The Whatever’s Next. I carry much of my grief in my lower back, and damn it’s sore. Please continue to share and spread love with your fellow humans, we all need some of that good stuff. 💖
have a great sunday every one🕴
One month since this vid came out and we’ve been so happy to share our music with youuuuuu! full-length link in bio. Swatkins & The Positive Agenda want to invite you to experience good positive feelings. Please, if you can, go out into the world with love in your hearts and try to share some of that good stuff with your fellow human beings who really need to know that they are not alone out there.
With Love From The Positive Agenda
Throwback rehearsal from Chateau St. Michelle. Big show tonight at The Doug Fir! Swatkins & The Positive Agenda opens for @joeydosik and it’s gonna be real cool. Doors at 8, Positive Agenda at 9 sharp. Archival footage courtesy @tingsek who we love dearly and miss greatly.
@brooklyncomesalive 2018 original theme song featuring your friendly neighborhood Swattykins.
I met @joeydosik a few years back when the Allen Stone band had our residency at the Troubadour in LA. We featured Joey and Theo Katzman at the shows and backed them up on their original tunes. We were all obsessed with “Game Winner” and preferred Dosik’s version over the Vulfpeck interpretation. Here we are rehearsing the vox before the Chateau St. Michelle show later that year. Joey now has a new record out! “Inside Voice.” It’s very beautiful. My band The Positive Agenda is opening at The Doug Fir this Thursday supporting Joey and his crew of incredible players. It promises to be a musical friendship experience chock full of human emotions.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, FRIENDS! I hope you get to do a thing that makes your face scrunch up with joy. #haveyourmostbesttime 💗 @smithmediaart sorry I hipsterfiltered your nice photo.
Hug your loved ones.
Joey Dosik is one of my absolute favorite musical humans and I’m overjoyed to announce that The Positive Agenda will be supporting him and his killer band at The Doug Fir on Sept. 6 in PDX. Go listen to his new album, “Inside Voice,” like NOW, you’re going to want to sing along to these beautiful tunes.
We did it! In the words of Sweet Pete (@canoed_sun 🎸)- “last night was one of those nights that reaffirms love is alive and well in this world...and that playing music with your friends might be very most bestest thing in this life. thank you Steveland Swatkins Moorea Masa and Allen Stone and the rest of the crew for doing what you do so well. and the biggest thank yous to everyone who showed up to the Aladdin!! 🙏🏻 i will now remain in a state of awe and bewilderment of the incredible power that music has for the rest of the day...yowza🤯❤️” 📷: @smithmediaart
The Positive Agenda loves you all. See you tomorrow night at The Aladdin!
Al Stone, ladies and germs.
Ten Reasons Why This Saturday’s Show Is Important To Me, Personally
1. Every show is important, duh. C’mon Stevie, what else u got?
2. Ok. This one brings several heretofore disparate musical elements of my life into a dizzying melange of awesomeness. Can’t I be more specific and less annoyingly flowery with my verbiage? Sure, no prob.
3. My love Moorea Masa and her band The Mood (of which I’m a member) are co-headlining. If you’ve seen them, you know how special their blend of hair-raising harmony and lush soulful R&B is. Isn’t it weird that I perform in her project and she performs in mine? No. It is not weird. It is the freaking best.
4. My new band, The Positive Agenda, features some of my absolute favorite PDX musicians, like Mikey Elson (we’ve made music together for 20 yrs), Tyrone (needs no parenthetical) Hendrix, Peter Knudsen (he’s busy cuz he’s real talented), and André (not on IG) Zapata.
5. Although I’ve been playing in Portland bands since 2005, I’ve never headlined a big show like this before, and we really need your help. Buying tickets. In advance if you can, before the show sells out. You can get them w/o service fees at The Aladdin box office. I’m humbly asking for the support of our Portland friends and music community. Please.
6. Allen Stone is our very special guest. I went from being just another jaw-dropped viewer of Allen’s “Unaware” video to joining his band in 2013, and the guy has taken me around the globe to spread music and positivity many times since then. I’ll be on tour with him for 3 months straight this Fall, and despite the rigors of the road, we still love each other enough to hang out even when we aren’t obligated to 😘. This will be a treat for Portland to get a chance to soak up some vocal magic from this world-class performer. Let’s welcome him.
7. Frankie Simone is opening. You’ll want to get there in time for her set. Trust me. It’s “fire emoji” in the most sincere sense. —-list truncated by measly character count, continued in comment below...